Monday, May 9, 2011

Next Xbox to be Announced at E3?

I seriously hope that the rumours are not correct ... I mean, I really, really hope they're wrong ... otherwise I'll be seriously upset; having just bought a new slim Xbox 360 250GB console a couple of months ago, to replace my old Xbox 360 Pro 60GB console.  The rumours that I am referring to say that Microsoft is poised to announce the next Xbox console, which will succeed from the Xbox 360.  Xbox 720, Xbox 3 ... whatever you'd like to call it.

According to rumours, with the Nintendo set to reveal the next Wii, the Wii 2, at E3 ... Microsoft is pressured to anounce their next Xbox console.  Apparently, rumours go so far to say that the next Xbox console are on the desks at EA. While this might off the bat seem to make sense, I don't think it really does.  The updated Xbox 360 Slim has only been on the market for a while now ... and reveal a new Xbox console might have a negative impact on sales performance.  Furthermore, various sites like EuroGamer indicate that based on their sources say that this is highly unlikely.  Only time will time ... the earliest that rumours say that the next Xbox console will be released is late 2012 ... so if the Mayans were correct, and the world is going to end in 2012, it means the next Xbox console will never get released.

No comments:

Post a Comment